6 cups Vegetable broth
1 cup. Green or brown lentils, rinsed.
1 tsp. Dried basil
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Chili pepper flakes
1 can Tomato sauce
1 Carrot, grated
2 cups. Zucchini, grated
4 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste
Add after the soup is cooked
12 Lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp. Lemon
2 cups. Spinach, chopped
For Cashew Cream
1 cup. Raw cashews (soaked in boiling water when soup goes in the slow cooker, but to use when soup is done).
1. Put onion, garlic, zucchini, carrot, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, rinsed lentils, basil, oregano, chili pepper flakes and salt and pepper into the slow cooker and stir.
2. Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
3. Cover cashews with boiling water and let soak while the soup cooks.
4. Once the soup is cooked, add spinach, noodles and lemon juice and cook on high power 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
5. Drain cashews and place in a blender. Add 1.5 cups of water. Blend on high speed until a cashew cream forms.
6. Add cashew cream to slow cooker, add more salt/pepper to taste, stir and enjoy.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org