1 cup Dried Chickpeas
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Carrots, diced
3 stalks Celery, diced
12 Green beans, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 cup Wild rice blend, rinsed
6 cups Vegetable stock
3 Tbsp Tomato sauce
1 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tsp Curry powder
2 tsp Cumin powder
2 Bay leaves
2 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Lemon juice
1. Soak chickpeas overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas and cook as directed on package for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain before adding to soup.
3. Heat olive oil on low heat. Add carrots, onion, celery and green beans and cook until onions start to brown.
4. Add rice mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add garlic, cumin, curry powder, and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
6. Pour in vegetable stock, tomato sauce, chickpeas, bay leaves, black pepper and lemon juice.
7. Stir mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 45 minutes.
Have a recipe that you would like to be adapted? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org