1 Zucchini, grated (around 2 cups)
1 Carrot, grated
1 Onion, diced
5. Garlic, cloves, minced
8 cups. Vegetable broth
1.5 cups. Green or brown lentils
2 tsp. Dried basil
2 tsp. Dried oregano
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 can. Tomato sauce (or 2 cups if using homemade or substitute diced tomatoes)
2 cups. Greens (Kale, spinach, chard, etc), chopped
1.5 cups cashews, soaked
3 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
12 Lasagna noodles, broken into pieces. *can use gluten free
1. Put diced onion, grated zucchini, grated carrot, garlic, vegetable broth, rinsed lentils, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning and tomato sauce into the slow cooker, stir to combine.
2. In a bowl, cover cashews in hot water to soak while soup cooks in slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours.
4. 20 minutes before serving break lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces and add to soup. At this time, also blend cashews in a high speed blender or food processor. Add in 1 cup of water or broth and blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Scrape cashew mixture into soup, add 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast and chopped greens. Allow to heat through, about 10-15 minutes.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com