Witches Brooms and Spider Cookies
1/2 cup Cane sugar
1/2 cup Coconut oil or margarine
2 Tbsp. Nut or seed butter
4 Tbsp Dairy free milk
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups. Gluten Free Flour *
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
1/4 cup. Chocolate chips
2 tsp. Coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. Mix sugar, coconut oil and nut or seed butter.
3. Add in milk and vanilla.
4. Mix in flour, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and take small pieces of dough and roll them into balls.
For the witches brooms:
Take the rolled ball and stick a pretzel stick in one end. Gently place on the baking sheet and form the shape of a broom. Take a wet fork and gently press down to form the "bristles".
For the spiders:
Take the rolled ball and gently place on the cookie sheet. Slightly flatten and take pretzels and push 4 in on each side to from the spiders legs. Add two chocolate chips at the front for the eyes.
7. Bake for about 12- 14 minutes, until slightly firm to the touch.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely.
9. In a pan on the stove heat chocolate chips and coconut oil over low-medium heat. Stir until mostly dissolved and take off heat. Drizzle over witches brooms and spiders.
Looking for more holiday recipes you can make with the kids? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com