Granola is often very high in sugar, but I wanted to create one that would work as a baby breakfast item. This is easy to make and both gluten free and vegan. Store in a glass mason jar for freshness.
2 cups. Rolled Oats (gluten free if necessary)
7 Dried apricots, soaked in (1/4 cup) hot water
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/8 tsp. Cardamom
3 Tbsp. Hemp Seeds
3 Tbsp. Coconut shreds (unsweetened)
1 Tbsp. Coconut flour
2 Tbsp Cashew Butter
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 340F
2. Soak apricots in 1/4 cup of hot water while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Put oats, cinnamon, cardamom, hemp seeds, coconut shreds and coconut flour in a bowl and mix.
4. Place cashew butter, coconut oil, hot water and apricots in a food processor and blend until combined and no chunks of apricots remain.
5. Use a spatula to scrape wet ingredients into the oat mixture and gently combine until the oats are well coated.
6. Spread on parchment or silicone lined baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com