Soup in the summer? Yes, I know. I am one of those people that still enjoys soup in the summer. I like to have this one around going into the fall as well, especially if anyone is feeling under the weather. I tend to load it with garlic and ginger, feel free to adjust to your taste. This makes a very quick and light lunch. If you want to read more about probiotic foods, like miso, read this.
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1/4 c. Onion, finely diced
2 Tbsp. Ginger, finely diced
4. Cloves garlic, finely diced
1 Carrot, sliced
1. Kale leaf, shredded
1.5 Tbsp Miso
1 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
2 tsp. Black pepper
4 cups. Vegetable stock
1. Heat oil in a medium pot.
2. Fry onion, add ginger and garlic.
3. Add carrot and kale.
4. Add vegetable stock. Bring to a boil.
5. Turn down heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Scoop out 1 cup of soup into a bowl and gently blend in miso. Add this back into the pot.
7. Add in rice vinegar and serve.
Looking for more easy recipes? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org