2 Apples, grated (leave the skin on).
1/3 cup Canola oil
3/4 cup Brown rice flour
1/3 cup Oat flour (use gluten free if needed).
3/4 cup Arrowroot starch
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
3/4 cup Maple syrup
6 Tbsp Apple sauce, unsweetened
2 tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Mix flours, arrowroot starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and xanthan gum.
3. Add the oil, applesauce, vanilla, and maple syrup.
4. Add in grated apples.
5. Fill 12 donut molds, spreading the batter evenly around each.
6. Bake for 8 minutes, rotate and bake for another 8 minutes.
7. Cool donuts in the mold for 15 minutes before removing and icing.
*I like to use a maple flavoured icing on these donuts.
Looking for more dessert ideas to use up those in season fruits? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian @firstname.lastname@example.org