1 cup. Dehydrated apple*
1/2 cup. Dates, soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes-
you will use the water too.
1/2 cup. Sunflower seeds, unsalted
1/2 cup. Oats * gluten free if needed
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Ginger
1. In a food processor, blend apples, sunflower seeds, oats, soaked dates, cinnamon, allspice and ginger.
2. Add date water as needed for desired consistency.
3. Keep processing until paste forms.
4. Form into bite sized balls.
5. Freeze for 10 minutes. Store in freezer.
*When I dehydrate apples I always leave the skin on.
Need more school friendly snack ideas? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com