It seems only recently that avocado is coming to light as a wonderful food for babies. Why do I love avocado?
- Portable- it can be eaten right out of the skin. If you are not planning to use the whole avocado leave the seed in to help prevent browning.
- Food safe- it can be hard, especially when travelling to find foods that don’t need to be kept refrigerated or served hot in order to be food safe. This is especially a concern when we are feeding babies and young children.
- Convenient- just cut and serve. No prep time or cooking.
- Great source of nutrients – including monounsaturated fats, vitamins and minerals such as potassium, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and B Vitamins (including B1- thiamine, B2-riboflavin, B3-niacin, B5-pantothenic acid and B6-pyridoxine)
- Whole food- all of us, and especially our children should be eating more whole foods.
Watch the video of baby self feeding avocado
For more information on nutrition contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com