This is adapted from a Oh She Glows recipe.
2 1/4 cups Oats (Gluten Free)
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup Hemp seeds
2 cups Almond milk (unsweetened)
1/2 cup Applesauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup Maple syrup
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Apples, diced (with skin)
1 Pear, diced (with skin)
2 cups Blueberries and/or Raspberries and/or Strawberries
2 cups Any fruit you have (peach, mango, banana, etc)
Nuts and seeds-
1/2 cup Sliced almonds, walnuts and/or pecans- plus more for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a bowl combine dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and hemp seeds.
3. In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients: almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine. Add in fruit of choice. It is okay that this is a soupy consistency.
5. Pour mixture into a 9X13 casserole dish. Sprinkle nuts of choice on top.
6. Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes until bubbly around the edges.
7. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before eating.
Looking for other ideas to eat for breakfast? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com