1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion, diced
3 Celery stalks, diced
2 Carrots, diced
3 Garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp Dried Thyme leaves
2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano leaves
1 tsp Herbamare
1 tsp Black pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
6 Cups Vegetable Stock
2 cans/cups Black Beans (rinsed and drained and cooked if using dried)
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 Cup Corn (frozen)
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onions, celery and carrots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, thyme, cumin, oregano, herbamare, pepper, and cayenne and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add contents of pan to slow cooker.
4. Add tomato paste, vegetable stock, and black beans, stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4 -6 hours.
6. Before serving add corn and lime juice.
Looking for more ways to incorporate family meals on busy days? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org