These gluten free and vegan muffins are so easy that my 2 year old did all the work except put them in the oven. Ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish. I have also made these with sunberries and they were also delicious.
1 cup Almond flour
3/4 cup Oat flour
1/4 cup Tapioca starch
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Maple syrup
1/4 cup Unsweetened vanilla milk alternative (I used cashew)
1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup Blueberries
Turbinado sugar for topping.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix dry ingredients together.
3.Mix wet ingredient together.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients.
5. Stir until there is no dry areas left, but do not over mix.
6. Add in blueberries.
7. Scoop into muffin tin* and sprinkle with sugar (optional)
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
8. Let cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin, then remove and cool completely on a cooling rack.
*I prefer to use a silicone muffin pan so I don't need to use paper muffin liners. If you don't have a silicone pan then be sure to use the paper liners.
Looking for ideas for after school snacks? Contact Jill, Nurture the Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org