This recipe is slightly adapted from Emilie Eats- Chai spice Granola
2 cups Oats (large flakes, gluten free if necessary)
11/2 cups Nuts (I use walnut and pecan)
1/2 cup Sliced almonds
2 Tbsp Hemp seeds
1/4 cup Coconut (shredded, unsweetened)
1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Cardamom
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Dates
1/2 cup Water
3 Tbsp Almond butter
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Process nuts in a food processor until finely chopped but not powder.
3. Mix oats, spices, salt, sliced almonds, coconut and hemp seeds. Add processed nuts.
4. Blend dates in a food processor (soak in warm water if your dates are dry and use that as your water later). Add in
almond butter and water (unless previously added) and blend until smooth.
5. Mix into oat mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com