1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Celery stalks, diced
2 Carrots, diced
1 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Bay leaf
3.5 cups Vegetable Stock
2 Potatoes, grated
3 cups Corn, slightly blended
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1 Green Pepper, finely chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
1 tsp Cumin, ground
1. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook, stirring until softened.
2. Add thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
3. Transfer mixture to slow cooker and add stock and potatoes.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
5. Add corn, coconut milk, green pepper, cumin and jalapeno (if using).
6. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Interested in more slow cooker recipes? Contact Jill, Nurture the Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org