2 Tbsp Canola oil
4 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Carrots, thinly sliced
1 Bell Pepper (red, green, orange or yellow), diced
1/2 Tsp Tumeric
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Chili powder
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 can Tomatoes (28 oz or 796 ml) and juice (choose salt free variety)
1 cup Red Lentils, rinsed
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
1 can Coconut Milk (14 oz or 398ml)
1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
1. Fry the onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper until lightly browned.
2. Add the tumeric, garam masala, chili powder and cumin
3. Stir in the tomatoes and juice, red lentils, lemon juice, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
4. Add Pepper. Blend with hand blender (optional) and serve.