For those of you suffering from nausea, here are some tips that may help you cope.
- Eat smaller meals
- Avoid going long periods between eating, skipping meals can make it worse
- If smells are bothering you, get someone else to cook if possible
- For some people cold foods are better
- Bland foods like plain crackers or dry toast can help some people
- Avoid stress as much as possible
- Try ginger- you can make ginger tea from fresh ginger and hot water, you can also get ginger supplements
- Avoid strong odours (ie/ smoking)
If you try the above suggestions and you find that you are still bothered, don’t give up! I would recommend talking to a Registered Dietitian (like me!) who can go through your diet to look for patterns and other things that may be making the nausea worse, or help you deal with it.
Still feeling nauseous and not sure what to do? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future’s Registered Dietitian at email@example.com