5 cups Broccoli florets
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Black pepper
1 tsp. Herbamare
1/2 cup. Sliced Almonds
1/2cup. Pecans, diced
2. Celery stalks, diced
1/2. Apple, diced
1/4 cup. Orange juice (use fresh squeezed if possible)
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Tbsp. Mustard
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
3 cloves. Garlic, minced
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Place 4 cups on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, black pepper and herbamare.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing once during baking.
3. Place almonds and pecans in the oven and roast for 7 minutes.
4. Steam the other 1 cup of broccoli for about 3 minutes.
5. Place steamed broccoli in an ice bath.
6. Add roasted nuts, celery, steamed and roasted broccoli, and apple to a bowl.
7. Mix dressing in a small food processor.
8. Mix dressing into bowl and toss.
Looking for more veggie side dishes for any time of the year? contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com.
This recipe was inspired by: the healthy foodie http://thehealthyfoodie.com/oven-roasted-broccoli-salad/