3 Tbsp Butter or margarine or coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp Potato starch/flour
1 tsp Herbamare
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1 tsp Curry powder
1/4 cup. Nutritional Yeast
1/2 Onion, diced
3 Cloves garlic, diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
2 cups Milk or Almond Milk, warmed
1/2 cup Cheese or cheese alternative (soy, rice, almond) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Wash potatoes and slice thinly.
2. Spread 1/3 of potato slices in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
3. Place melted butter, margarine or coconut oil in bowl, blend in potato starch/flour and onion, garlic, green pepper, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, black pepper and herbamare.
4. Gradually add hot milk or almond milk stirring constantly.
5. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/3 of sauce.
6. Cover with another layer of potatoes and 1/3 of sauce.
7. Place remaining potatoes on top and cover with remaining sauce.
8. Sprinkle with paprika and cheese or cheese alternative if using.
9. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until done and potatoes/cheese are lightly browned.
Looking for more gluten free and vegan recipes? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org