*For the taco mix I like to use this recipe here.
3 cups Black Beans, dried
1.5 cups Corn
1 Bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup Onion, diced
1 can Tomato paste
1/2 Tbsp Taco mix*
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Thyme
4 Tbsp Braggs
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp Water
- Soak black beans overnight. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Dice pepper and onion, put in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix pepper and onion with Braggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Add black beans and corn (put the corn in the centre of the beans).
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add in water, tomato paste and spices and continue to cook for 1.5 - 2 hours on high. Stir every 30 minutes.
Looking for more recipes that include pulses to add to your repertoire? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com