1 can Tomato sauce
3 cups. Vegetable broth
1/2 Onion, diced
1 Bell pepper, any colour of your choosing
1/2. Zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup. Salsa
1. can. Pinto or Black beans, rinsed
3/4 cup. Split red lentils, rinsed
1 cup. Corn
2 tsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Cumin powder
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp. Cayenne (adjust according to your taste)
1/2 cup. Cashews
1. Prepare veggies and add everything except the cashews to the slow cooker.
2. Soak cashews in boiling water. These will be used once the soup has finished cooking.
3. Cook soup on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
4. Blend cashews with 1/4 cup of water to create a cashew cream. Stir into the soup. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese (or vegan cheese).
Looking for more ideas of how to feed a busy family? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at firstname.lastname@example.org