1/2 cup Earth Balance or coconut oil
11/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I use Cloud 9 or this recipe here)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup Oats *
2 Tbsp Ground Flax seeds (mixed with 6 Tbsp of warm water)
1/2 tsp Baking powder *
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix coconut oil, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour until crumbly and blended.
3. Press into a 8 x 8 square pan. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Add ground flax to warm water and let sit.
5. Mix 1 cup sugar, 1/2 gluten free all purpose flour, oats, baking powder, salt, vanilla, raisins, dried cranberries, sliced
almonds and shredded coconut.
6. Pour over baked first layer and level as much as possible.
7. Bake 30 minutes and cool before cutting into squares.
*gluten free if necessary.
Have a family recipe that you would love to adapt to suit your dietary needs? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future's Registered Dietitian at email@example.com