Being pregnant, the focus is always on you, but as soon as you have the baby it shifts. Here are some things you can do to keep up your nutrition after baby- it is extremely important!
- If you breastfeed prepare a breastfeeding station- load with snacks (such as nuts, fruit, homemade cookies (see recipe here), homemade bars (see recipe here), water bottles, books, spit up cloths, diapers, lip balm, etc.
- A slow cooker is your friend (read more about slow cookers here). Find a recipe for a slow cooker here.
- Freeze cookies, bars, muffins, zucchini bread (see recipe here).
- Make a meal plan read more about meal plans here.
- Have snacks with your kids.
- Drink throughout the day –nettle tea and raspberry tea are both nice (and nourishing)- try keeping thyme in a to-go mug, to keep it warm in the day- or cold if it’s during the warmer months.
- Accept food.
- Set favourite take-out places on speed dial.
Remember you will have just had a baby, but there will always be other demands placed on you too. Keeping up your nutrition will help you cope and not deplete your stores.
Need more support with nutrition after baby? Contact Jill, Nurture The Future’s Registered Dietitian at email@example.com